Monday, January 3, 2011

12-20

"Let us realize that the privelege to work is a gift, that the power to work is a blessing, taht the love of work is success." ~David O. McKay
Hello Family & Friends,
Hope that your past week has gone great and you are prepared for Christmas... because it will be here before we know it!! - wow, 5 more days till Christmas. Haha, on Friday morning I was thinking to myself.. 'hmmm, it would be pretty cool if we did the 12 days of Christmas for someone we are teaching'.. but then I counted on my fingers & well, there were only 9 days till Christmas... HOLY, where is the time going? So needless to say - that idea was tossed out - but I do think we are going to go over to one of our members house and make goodie-plates for our investigators.
All 3 wards that I am working in are awesome. The members are great ... & seem to fight over who is going to feed us (we literally had a lady that told us to cancel on another person in the other ward so she could do Christmas Eve dinner for us.) - Haha, as for you that keep telling me to gain weight ... well, sorry, I am eating a ton - The Yokshas family even took us out for lunch and I ate like 5 burritos - so don't tell me I'm not trying... maybe the camera takes off 10 pounds?? Haha, I am actually 130 pounds heavier and they had to buy two seats for my air flight home... haha just kidding. But yah, that wards love us and we are working hard with them to get referrals & to help them realize the people that they could have in their homes to be taught.
Elder Yarn & I are working hard. We know that as we work harder, the Lord will place success in our path. I have this quote in my Preach My Gospel that I am reminded of, "I'm a great believer in luck, & I find the harder I work, the more I have it." ~Thomas Jefferson. I believe that too. We need luck in the work that we do - & what better way to qualify for it than to work, work & work!
This past Sunday I got to witness something so cool. I got to go to Sister Robinettes & Sister Sefo's baptism of their investigators (the Oliver Family). At the baptism the spirit was so strong! I sat & watched as the father (who was a less-active member) got ready to baptize his son & daughter & as the children were ready to make this promise with their Heavenly Father. Smiles were everywhere. The room was packed full of members and family coming to support these two kids and their righteous decision. As the actual baptism was about to take place I began to look around the room again at the people who were there. I saw many people come to the front and middle so they could see the ordinance. I sat in the back of the room and could not see anything that was going on in the font (I didn't know the kids that were getting baptized so I didn't "deserve" to really cut anyone out from seeing this - so the back seats it was for me.) Well, while everyone got settled into a position that they could see I looked and saw Sister Robinette trying to move towards a place that she could see the baptism - but the room was SO crouded I knew she could see nothing, so she sat down in her chair. I thought for a second -WAIT - Sister Robinette NEEDS to see her baptism - MOVE PEOPLE! But I looked at her again, and she was at peace. She had a smile on her face and was looking forward with happiness about what she couldn't see but knew was happening. It was a tender moment to me ... my pride would have shoved everyone away so that I could see - but she was fine with just knowing & feeling the spirit. After the baptism was a testimony meeting and someone got up and said that The Oliver family had experienced numerous missionaries coming over to teach and try to change their lives for the better...little or no success happened - but then he expressed his thanks to Sister Robinettte & Sister Sefo for their diligence & love - somehow they got in & were able to make a impression on this family that no missionary had before.
I am so excited for Christmas. I love the spirit of giving & how most people are nice to us as we pass them on the street. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and the we will remember the true reason of Christmas. Have fun & be safe on the roads! I can't wait to talk with you on Saturday! love you all so much!!
-- Love, ELDER PATRICK McBRIDE

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE! love you soo much!
PPS. MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment