Monday, January 3, 2011

10-04

Hello Family & Friends,

Hope that you are doing amazing & that you all had a great week! My week was good, goll time is just flying by - I am already on my 3rd week here in Corona!
Before I forget, my address to my new appartment is: 418 East 10th St. #203 Corona, CA 92879. Thank you for all the support and letters I love them all!
Ahh, I just love general conference! Really I do! I can't believe I didn't watch it when I was home.. now I have watched 4 FULL General Conferences! ahh, my last GC on the mission! That is scary! Oh, so I have a favor to ask... I want to GO to General Conference in April 2011. To at least the Priesthood Session and a Saturday Session! When do tickets come out?? Can anyone get those for me :)
So my favs of the GC...
1. D. Todd Christofferson on Consecration: Haha, I wonder if I would have liked this talk if I had not served a mission. It seems that when I get "lost in His work" that is when I am most happy (most happy... hmm??) But really I loved what he said about how we each need to be consecrated. "True Success comes from our consecration". He also related repentance to consecration - saying that consecration actually "means repentance"! I love that - because the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about our faith & works. Are we willing to show our Heavenly Father how much we love him?? Yes - then SHOW IT through your works of faith. Repentance is a work & something that I have been working on. It's amazing that you can feel the spirit more & more as you keep repenting and changing the little or big things in your life by consecrating to become more like our Savior; Christ.
2. Patrick Kearon on Following our Leaders:
No, not just because of his first name, I liked his talk to guys. I loved his story on the scorpion & the flip-flops - how he sould have listened to the advice of his parents and wore real shoes! It makes me think of that time we were at the KOA in Bear Lake and we went on that big flinstone family bike and I didn't listen to you mom & dad and went around the bend and crashed into that truck with the bike. Remember that? If I would have listened to MY leaders then I would have been safe - just like if Elder Kearon listened to his he would have also. We have a prophet and we need to pay strict attention to his counsel because that is the counsel that we are receiving from God.
3. Mervyn B. Arnold on Following God
This was my favorite talk of the conference. I loved it. I loved the story that he gives of the cow eating the weat but even more than that I felt something when I listened to him. I felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me and all His children. It was such a sweet experience, I felt the spirit bear witness that He truely doew love me and is proud of me when I am doing righteous things - and weeps literally when we go off His path. He truely does love us - We just need to follow!
Life is good for me here in Corona. We just had an amazing experience at a part-member families house, with the spirit there strongly we commited him to follow christ and be baptized and he couldn't say no. It was so awesome. We are being blessed
I love you sooo much! Stay safe, listen to the prophet and know God love us! -- Love, ELDER PATRICK McBRIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment