Monday, January 3, 2011

11-15

Charity is especially important in missionary work. Its influence, radiated by the missionary, helps to create within the investigator a desire to learn & softens his heart to the truth. Charity can fill the missionary with an unquenchable desire to serve his fellowmen. Without it, as difficulties arise & proselyting seems unfruitful, he may lose interest & slacken his pace. But with Christlike love, the missionary will perservere through adversity because he becomes a caring and dutiful messeger of Christ. A Christlike love for others can purify a missionary's motives & consecrate his labor & true desire to share the gospel. ~David B. Haight

HI Family & Friends,
Haha, so I was saying goodbye to someone on the street this week that we were OYMing and I was going to say 'If you see us walking anytime give us a hollar' but I mixed up the word 'hollar' with 'call' & I said, "If you see us walking anytime give us a collar." Haha - the person looked at me like I was an idiot ... she walked in her house and shut the door... haha now she is probably going to think that we are weird craziER mormon missionaries... dang! haha
My week has been good though. Tuesday & Wednesday we went to a leadership meeting in Riverside. It was really good and the spirit was so strong at the meeting. One of the things that came into my mind or that the Spirit had brought to my mind while I was listening was "urgence". I have required the spirit of urgency & it is just making me want to work work and work! Really, as I sit in any kind of meetings I am just going crazy to get out and talk to and teach people! I Really don't know what I am going to do when I get home and can't sit down and do this everyday... ahah to crazy to think about!
Haha, so funny story - we taught a less active lady this past week and we went back to her house on Saturday and she was crazy mad at me & told me that she wanted to hit me over the head because I offender her last time by reading a scripture to her that was too harsh... haha it was way funny!
Well Sorry so short... I love you all though! Keep being Christlike and have a good safe week!-- Love, ELDER PATRICK McBRIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment