Monday, January 3, 2011

12-06

Hello Family & Friends,
Yes! So we just picked up some awesome new investigators! (Rory & Forest Gile). We tracted into them and they said that they wanted to learn more - so we came back and taught them & wow, are they great! Rory is the Forests father & has a pretty good background with Mormons. He actually went to BYU when he was young and loved it there. He has read the Book of Mormon 3-4 times & has no problem with it. He says that his favorite book is "The Miracle of Forgiveness" & he reads it every couple of months! He was saying that while he was at BYU that he had been taught by some very good people and that he has always remembered them throughout the years. We asked who they were & he said they were Spencer W. Kimball & Ezra Taft Benson! We were like, "Yah, no wonder you liked them - they were prophets for our church!" haha, he said that they were such great men! So we taught them & answered questions. Him & his son are very scientifical - Rory knows that Faith is the way for everything spiritual -but still gets caught up in science & proving things - he sees that his son is going the same route as him and he keeps telling Forest that he just needs to have faith. We are excited for both of them - they are pretty elect. We expected them to come to church on Sunday - so I called them right after church and asked if they were okay - & he just kept saying that he would 'see me tomorrow' - I was like ... "you mean next week?" haha - anyway, he lost track of time and thought that Sunday was Saturday and was really sad he missed church - BUT he did say that he was having business problems in getting a report done on time for work - so he said to me "what better place to get things done than at Gods house? So I am sitting here at your church building in the parking lot working on the report". Haha, I laughed and said... well, that is a pretty good place... So, like I said - we are pretty excited for both of them!!!
It finally hit. Elder Clement & I went to Riverside this week for ZLC (counsil that we do at the mission home). And at the end of the counsil they had Elder Clement get up and bear his testimony (since he is going home this upcoming Monday). He started to speak and my mind was just zooming around pondering about my mission. Time has gone by so fast and my heart sunk. My time out here has been so special to me and I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world. My eyes started watering just thinking about the short time I had left. Me and President Reeves got to talk to this week for an interview. I am so excited for the next 7 weeks. They are going to be awesome & I will work myself to be so tired by the end. We are going to see many mighty miracles down here in Temecula- We can count on that!!
I love you all so much! Keep your Faith up. Keep enduring to the End. be safe! -- Love, ELDER PATRICK McBRIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment