Monday, January 3, 2011

10-11

Dear Readers,
I hope that you are all having a great week! How can we not with the exciting news of the new baby EMERY KATE ANDERSON!! Yay!! She is soo cute! I just want to hold her and love her from here! I call dibbs for her in 3 months when I get home [yes Mary, that even means I get dibbs and you don't get to hold her .. ha ha ha ha!] Congratulations Anderson family!
This week has been good for me - still staying busy! I've forgotten how many "great christian" people there are over here. There are so many people that just want to bash and throw all kinds of Anti material at us over here in Corona. I swear in just this past week I have tried talking with 20 of them. I hear it all from how: we "added and took away from the bible" (speaking of the Book of Mormon - in Revelations and Dueteronomy it says you can't "add or take away" from just these books & they think it means the whole bible), How there are supposebly "no more prophets" and God wouldn't call anymore because he "needs no prophet", "there's no proof of the Book of Mormon", "Joseph Smith is a false prophet" and the list goes on & on. If I might speak to anyone who has questions about these things or any other doctrine or material our church teaches - READ THE BOOK OF MORMON & HAVE FAITH! I don't get how so many people just put the Book of Mormon down without reading only 531 pages. Any honest seeker will gain the knowledge of its truth through sincere reading. I can promise that through the past 20 months of being out here & teaching people of all different backgrounds that if they read it with "a sincere heart & real intent, having faith in Christ" the truth would be manifested. I have seen it with everyone that I have taught and the sincere ones do receive answers - 100% of the people that I have taught have received that answer and witness of its truth!
The Temescal Valley ward is really great. I love the ward members and my investigators are growing. Elder Schmidt is an awesome missionary, our companionship rocks!.. He is from Michigan if I didn't tell you (the UP - upper pininsula).
I love you all so much! Still tell me your favorite conference talks! Have a good safe week! Read the Book of Mormon and gain a stronger testimony of it - & pray that I can find those who are truely seeking this truth - because that is what I want! It's cool in the scriptures - it says that Joseph Smiths name will be known for good and evil throughout time... well we can certainly see how that prophesy has come forth. Now we just got to listen to the TRUE spirit to get a confirmation of this truth.-- Love, ELDER PATRICK McBRIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment